Re: Antw: Re: Help: LDAP using alias to reference value of another attribute

Nachricht <552C2695.7060703@stroeder.com>:
>> Nachricht <552836EC.3020402@stroeder.com>:

>> our
>> in
>>>
>>> You should use group entries for authorization. I'm also using
>>> slapo-memberof
>>> which automatically adds back link attribute 'memberOf' to group member
>>> entries. This gives you best flexibility with most LDAP enabled
>>> applications.
>>
>> So if you use that approach, can you enable specific groups for saslauthd
> per
>> application (configuration file)? That sounds interesting, but I don't know

> how
>> to do it.
>
> I don't understand your question. What does "enable [..] for saslauthd"
> means
> for you?

Hi!

I mean: You create a file like /etc/sasl2/smtpd.conf that contains:
# cat smtpd.conf
pwcheck_method: saslauthd
mech_list: plain login
--
If saslauthd is configured to use PAM (-a pam), all users that the PAM module
finds are valid users for smptd. My question was whether (and how) one can

Clear now?

Regards,
Ulrich