Re: [lmdb] MDB_BAD_DBI error upon mdb_txn_commit (newbie question)

hlaw wrote:
Thanks. I also have a search in the previous discussions and the
following is probably the solution to my question.

https://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201409/msg00077.html

Quoting from the above -

 >    Before starting any other threads:
 >       Create the environment.
 >       Open a transaction.
 >       Open all DBI handles the app will need.
 >       Commit the transaction.

May I confirm my understanding that, after the above steps, each thread
created for accessing the database in the same process should :

1. Open a transaction in the same environment
2. Directly use the persisted DBI handles (saved before creating the
threads) for read / write without calling mdb_dbi_open
3. Commit / abort the transaction,

regardless of whether the DBI handle is used for read / write?

Also, in respect of the initial transaction for opening the DBI handles,
is a read-only transaction sufficient even if the database it opened
would be written to in subsequent transactions, since the initial
transaction itself would not be writing to the database?

That is what "After that use the DBI handles freely among any transactions/threads" means.

Thanks a lot.

- H Law

http://symas.com/mdb/doc/group__mdb.html#gac08cad5b096925642ca359a6d6f0562a

--