Re: Very slow ldapserach

--On Tuesday, April 07, 2015 12:36 PM +0200 Saša-Stjepan Bakša <ssbaksa@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

It was long weekend with Easter holiday so...

To answer Mattes, and Ulrich first, I will do as suggested by you.

But something new first. If I have tried to add less data to database and
then I have conducted the search. Till some point it works and then
fails. It looks like when database is filed with more than some amount of
data it stops to send data back.

To be sure that my build is not the culprit I have installed in parallel
on similar server Ubuntu 14.04 with their slapd package (I know, it is
not good but just for this test...) and this happened when I have tried
this:

ldapsearch -h 10.14.252.104 -p 389 -D cn=admin,dc=spr -w password -s sub
-a always -b dc=SPR objectClass=*

Sounds like there's something wrong with your openldap build or server. Zimbra has clients with DBs of various sizes and entry counts, often in the multi-GBs, and we're not seeing any such issues.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.