[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: installing slapd no_configuration true
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: installing slapd no_configuration true
- From: Igor Shmukler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 12:53:04 +0300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=2UOPMk8Gh5+iePA18Yky2d1OqkQP7kf3Qajb0KjjPPI=; b=hl7Q2ut5zXdd+aQiTMlyslwR7JNULuiyy8R5A6ZtGnNWWQk7ozWjT7esJ6GFi0ZryZ Wj4RtF1xbI+y1E97L4eawDPPGCgNMr+YxNiJmlhVa2I/GCDNIbNH6rL82RV0pA0Wvnyw Dnvbl3smb+840eHM0I++yzyyUl/+gdbtQ3k8y6QNxtImxtr8AE3un2Eu4ES25weXfuuY VFj3MwTqRnxEhlAgiQIbJUdxsEBfYXYEKlEwV5Hpv+A74sRamkfdjcb4hXmfW15KidJR sofswtyoCy/LT02lXXATX2PJbBd2kllSdinxOZimtDmp3d6A7gd+9Oz7wEh1eiksCCTj 9PCg==
- In-reply-to: <3be0-55191780-7f-1e547b80@193057850>
- References: <CAA1SNA3DYXa7dmofZpktbm=9g7w_P=heN23Xi+TGM2U4LaXF8w@mail.gmail.com> <3be0-55191780-7f-1e547b80@193057850>
Would not say that I _really_ understand what I am doing. In fact,
knowledgeable subscribers from this list rightfully pointed out that I
understand little, quite a few times. Plus, I would like to continue
using tools so that the people who hired me would be able to continue
supporting the code that I have written, after my contract is up.
As I wrote earlier - my goal is to have the object describing
organization inherit from a objectClass inherited from dcObject
instead of the actual dcObject. This works for domains which I add
manually, after loading a custom schema.
Since I could not figure out how to update/modify objectClass, it made
sense [to me] to try to move things around. :)
Otherwise, I would love to mess with OpenLDAP as little as possible/necessary.
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 12:29 PM, Mattes <email@example.com> wrote:
> Am Montag, 30. März 2015 10:33 CEST, Igor Shmukler <firstname.lastname@example.org> schrieb:
>> What would be the easiest way to install slapd, ideally with config
>> database setup, without a DIT database? I want to manually add DIT
>> database[s] later. I got that part down.
> Frankly: try to understand the systems you a messing with ... ;-)
> Why do you need to _not_ have Debian's installer create the DIT for the wanted suffix?
> If you _really_ need to prevent the creation of the initial DIT you can create/modify
> '/usr/share/slapd/slapd.init.ldif' before installing the slapd package. But you should really
> understand what you are doing.
> Cheers, Ralf Mattes
>> Igor Shmukler