[Date Prev][Date Next]
installing slapd no_configuration true
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: installing slapd no_configuration true
- From: Igor Shmukler <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 11:33:31 +0300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=t4kgib3UNRRuIoWU2Qsf4B+qcVKJXzwRp4H8k2ssb5M=; b=QQ4hs3RCUagizXerBayxyABhlZqBrIeTMFfL9OiaDm/wEs+A+xO+ZxJVbWtf7aSS4L 1lN+qzyDw3YhIkUSZhQzMbfzvahsi4ndBc+qnCQHeb6bax0x73Q5ZxDtMUFt6x2tYex/ mdL3xZEEErnmytlLNnFajm8Or4V+WiRtNY6E20XhCfA30X/H8rpnEA+CpwdsW7SrZjtS rikxvwtkxWbVTVDGNPl5Nqli+0t5ztBKC80IO49FqaIYk+gmOJ2dTSNBnal+K+5HabxZ jCmKyNjSo+oAGraf7YfRdC3rgY2nt7KQzpEXUVaEEr9WkjlIxziwGC19plP5f2rFpSXv EFlQ==
I have been trying to install slapd without configuration, so I could
do the configuration manually [specifically to customize my
I have been using debconf-set-selections and noninteractive install.
It worked fine when I would do non interactive config database
configuration and also DIT database configuration.
When I set "slapd slapd/no_configuration boolean true" setup fails.
The error is below:
Omitting slapd configuration as requested.
* No configuration file was found for slapd at /etc/ldap/slapd.conf.
invoke-rc.d: initscript slapd, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing package slapd (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-16) ...
Processing triggers for ufw (0.34~rc-0ubuntu2) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
I understand that the issue might be debian-related and have little to
do with OpenLDAP, per say. Still, to be sure that I did not do
something completely wrong, and to tap into collective wisdom; I would
love for someone experienced to comment.
What would be the easiest way to install slapd, ideally with config
database setup, without a DIT database? I want to manually add DIT
database[s] later. I got that part down.