Re: can't run ldapsearch and slapadd command after install openldap

--On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:06 PM +0000 "Wang, Hui" <holly.wang@csun.edu> wrote:

Hi, All

I am still working on set up a new openldap server on redhat linux
machine. I am following the steps offered in following site:

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/quickstart.html

I am at step 9, I started the slapd, but can't do LDAP search.  I can't
run slapadd command either.

You can see my slapd is up and running, but there are nothing installed
in /usr/local/bin.  What should I install and how can I make ldapsearch
and slapadd command run?

No one knows what slapd package(s) you installed, or where they installed the binaries. If you built this yourself, then they'll be where ever you told them to be located. This is not really an openldap question. My general suggestion would be to take some courses in basic linux system administration, so you can become familiar with package management, building software, etc.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.