are patches important for the openldap installation?

Hi, all

My system admin installed openldap 2.4.40 for me but the slapadd command doesn’t work. It seems like the ldap package and slapd package weren’t installed.

I am installing openldap 2.4.40 on redhat linux server following this direction:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/server/openldap.html

I can’t install patch successfully. It only patch a few files then stops. But the make test goes fine.  Will there be a problem if the patch doesn’t goes fine?

You are welcomed for any input. I am very new to openldap.

Hui Wang (Holly)

CSUN IT Department
Identity and Directory Service
818-677-2031