Re: OpenLDAP permissions question

Hello Dan and Michael,

I have a server with a config database and a few DIT databases. I use
online configuration. A little white ago, I knew nothing about
OpenLDAP. Now, your help, I understand a lot more, yet still little
and able to achieve even less..

I want individual administrators [those from within each DIT] to be
able  to browse within their tree, and cn=config administrator to be
able to search through all records on the server, across DITs. If this
is too difficult, I would go for LDAPI.
As a temporary workaround, LDAPI would be amazing.

None of it working, yet. I tried a bunch of suggestions, many of which
I don't fully understand. Nothing worked so far.

Specifically, I cannot understand why should not the below applied to
the config database does not work, if I did set the password.
olcAccess: {0}to * by dn="cn=config" manage

Sincerely,

Igor Shmukler