Re: OpenLDAP freeze

Cyril Grosjean wrote:
I've an OpenLDAP 2.4.32 server with millions of entries, which uses to serve
tens of requests per second.
It works as a stand-alone master server (replication is setup but the slave
server is down)

I noticed several times, at different times and dates, that no lines are
logged in the OpenLDAP access log
for a few minutes, as if it was frozen.

Any possible DNS problems?
Do you have "reverse-lookup on" in your configuration?

If yes, I'd recommend to always run a local DNS cache and/or disable reverse name lookups.

If no, I'd recommend to upgrade your OpenLDAP version. There have been many fixes and improvements during the last (almost) three years.

Ciao, Michael.