Re: Are sets "production ready"?

Michael Ströder wrote:
Tomasz Lesniewski wrote:
I would like to use sets in my openldap ACLs, but i'm worried about
"Sets are
considered experimental"as is written in docs
(http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/access-control.html#Sets%20-%20Granting%20rights%20based%20on%20relationships)

Is anybody using sets in production environment without problems? Are
there
any known issues with sets? Or is known when sets will be ready to use?

I put one setup with many set ACLs in production. Sets work as intended
but are not documented very well. It costs some time to get it right.
It's a good idea to implement ACL regression testing.

The main problem with sets: They are slow - I mean really slow.

And they will continue to be - very very slow. There is currently no way to cache set evaluations, like we do with group ACLs.

But if high performance is not your main goal you can set up very
paranoid access control with sets.

I will show a demo of a similar setup this weekend at the OpenLDAP booth
at Chemnitzer Linuxtage:

https://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2015/en/programm/beitrag/134

See also my presentation of this stuff this Sunday:

https://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2015/en/programm/beitrag/135

Ciao, Michael.

--
Michael Ströder