Re: openldap MMR "read_config: no serverID / URL match found"

On Mon, 2015-03-16 at 13:24 -0400, brendan kearney wrote:
> Thank you for validating my complaint.
>
> The trick to this is "string matching", not putting the same name in
> both places.  I have played around with several different configs and
> finally got it working.  I think the trailing slashes were what got
> things working for me.  I am not in front of my setup right now, but
> will reply later today when I am.
>
> On Mar 16, 2015 12:39 PM, "Divya Vikraman"
> <divya.divyavikram@gmail.com> wrote:
>         Hi,
>

>         I am using openldap 2.4.39 version and trying to set up multi
>         master replication.
>

>         This is my configuration
>
>         ServerID        1 "ldap://ldap1-test.com";
>         ServerID        2 "ldap://ldap2-test.com";
>
>         overlay         syncprov
>         syncprov-checkpoint     10 1
>         syncprov-sessionlog     100
>
>         syncrepl        rid=1
>                         provider="ldap://ldap1-test.com";
>
>         binddn="uid=replication,ou=People,dc=ldap,dc=nqa,dc=test,dc=com"
>                         bindmethod=simple
>                         credentials="xyzabc"
>                         searchbase="dc=ldap,dc=nqa,dc=test,dc=com"
>                         type=refreshAndPersist
>                         interval=00:00:00:10
>                         retry="5 10 60 +"
>                         timeout=1
>                         schemachecking=off
>                         scope=sub
>
>         syncrepl        rid=2
>                   provider="ldap://ldap2-test.com";
>
>         binddn="uid=replication,ou=People,dc=ldap,dc=nqa,dc=test,dc=com"
>                         bindmethod=simple
>                         credentials="xyzabc"
>                         searchbase="dc=ldap,dc=nqa,dc=test,dc=com"
>                         type=refreshAndPersist
>                         interval=00:00:00:10
>                         retry="5 10 60 +"
>                         timeout=1
>                         schemachecking=off
>                         scope=sub
>
>         MirrorMode      on
>

>         I have put the below entries in /etc/default/slap
>

>         on server 1
>         SLAPD_SERVICES="ldapi:// ldap://ldap1-test.com";
>

>         and server 2
>         SLAPD_SERVICES="ldapi:// ldap://ldap2-test.com";
>

>         After this I am not able to start the service and when I do a
>         slapd -d sync , I get the error "read_config: no serverID /
>         URL match found"
>

>         I have seen a similar issue posted in an earlier thread but
>         could not find a solution.
>

>         Thanks,
>

>         Divya

an ldapsearch shows these lines (note, no quotes around the ldap URL):

olcServerID: 1 ldap://192.168.88.1
olcServerID: 2 ldap://192.168.88.2

i am running fedora 20, and /etc/sysconfig/slapd has the line:

SLAPD_URLS="ldapi:/// ldap://192.168.88.1";

the undocumented nature of this causes a lot of consternation, but
strangely there is no one else offering insight to this.  Thus, we are
left to our wild @$$ guessing.

i believe the quotes in your config are why the string matching is
failing.  try removing the quotes, so that your lines are:

ServerID 1 ldap://ldap1-test.com
ServerID 2 ldap://ldap2-test.com

if that does not work, you will need to iterate through trial and error
until you find a working config.  because i have a dependency on LDAP
for bind/named to work, i use IPs in my configs.  if your DNS is done
elsewhere and you dont have the dependency i have, you should be able to
get things working.