Re: ldap specifying host attribute

Rakesh Rajasekharan wrote:
>> What exactly does that mean in your context?
> In my set up when I provide access to a user, he gets access to all the
> servers managed by our ldap which is not at all what we would like to give.
>
> So, this way I am trying to further enforce which user would have access to
> what .
> I will write few scripts to automate the process.
>
> Is there a better approach to this.

There are better approaches. But of course your mileage may vary.
But you should use object class 'account' as a base for your user account
entries, not 'hostObject'.

>> You can do that but why? Which LDAP client does expect the hosts to be in
>> e.g. a space separated list.
> The only issue I see here is when i do a "ldapseacrch -x" it would run into
> many lines .
> Was trying to just limit that.

You should not care about whether the LDIF output gets lengthy. You have to
take care that you have a clean data model. Space/comma/whatever-separated
values suck.

Ciao, Michael.