Re: ldapsearch gives partial results

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:46 AM +0000 Emmanuel Dreyfus
<manu@netbsd.org> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 10:20:47AM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
What confuses me is that I do not touch the config. Could it be
caused by schema replication?

Indeed: removing synrepl for database config causes the problem
to vanish.

Perhaps there could be a better way to handle that?  I guess I
would prefer a longer wait

Wait time has nothing to do with it. Once a config change is received all in-flight operations stop because we can't know whether or not their underlying DB is still valid.

or a hard failure instead of a partial result:

Not possible, that requires knowing before we start processing a search request that a config change is going to happen.

I have to redo the search operation anyway.

Any LDAP client must be prepared to handle this result code anyway, regardless of the circumstances that caused them.

File an ITS?

No, it would simply be closed WONTFIX.

--
  -- Howard Chu