replica from a to b

Hello World!

First of all, I’m not very familiar with LDAP slapd.d config style, well neither with slapd.conf! (I took those server from the old sysadmin, so I’m still in the learning process.)

I’ve been banging my head on the walls for the past 2 days with this, and I can’t make it work.

I have a server, up and running, and working. (Inside amazon aws)

I cloned that server, and started it, working just fine.

Then I went on this; https://documentation.fusiondirectory.org/en/documentation/replication_syncrepl

Executed that stuff on the first/primary/provider, as mentioned on that page. I’m not even sure it’s working but, LDAP is still working as well as sssd. So nothing seems broken. (using Centos 6.6 x86_64)

I went on the cloned/secondary/consumer and executed that part mentioned above. But I can’t make the LDIF working, I’m getting errors.

As I am looking at my /etc/openldap/slapd.d/cn=config/ folder, I see that I have all the files EXCEPT the olcDatabase={1}bdb.ldif, this leads me to think that there is no DB, and therefore, I cannot create or use the creation portion of the replica. Now I am confused. What should be my next step? Create from scratch a new openldap empty DB? Or just duplicate via RSYNC the primary info including the /var/lib/ldap folder ?

Or, maybe that site I was looking up brought me in the wrong direction and there might be a better place that explain how to set up a replica with the slapd.d configuration style ?

Best regards

Francois D.