RE: Is OpenLDAP PAE Aware?

OK. Thank you for the info.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Reichert [mailto:reichert@numachi.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2015 9:48 AM
To: Jack Kielsmeier
Cc: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: Is OpenLDAP PAE Aware?

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 03:43:25PM +0000, Jack Kielsmeier wrote:
> I suppose I should also mention the older version of OpenLDAP we are running. It's openldap-2.4.17.

We've run OpenLDAP on a PAE host with 6G of memory.  PAE only affects how the kernel tracks pages of memory; a userland process doesn't care.

A single process is still capped, more or less, at 3G:

  http://www.spack.org/wiki/LinuxRamLimits

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large