Re: Is the monitor backend writable?

Ferenc Wagner wrote:
Hi,

From http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/358.html:

     dn: cn=Log,cn=Monitor
     changetype: modify
     add: managedInfo
     managedInfo: stats
     managedInfo: stats2

I'm running 2.4.40 with cn=config, olcLoglevel: stats (thus I can change
the log level anyway), but cn=Log,cn=Monitor does not contain any
managedInfo attributes (at least

$ ldapsearch -x -H ldapi:/// -D cn=monitor -W -b cn=Log,cn=Monitor managedInfo

does not return any; cn=monitor is the rootDN of the monitor database).

My questions:
1. Is the above FAQ entry outdated?

No, it is correct.

Or is it relevant only when not using cn=config?

No, it always works. But the change is in-memory only, not persisted to the config.

2. Are there (other) writeable items under cn=Monitor?

No.

--
  -- Howard Chu