[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Crash with LMDB on iOS
- To: QW Support <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Crash with LMDB on iOS
- From: Howard Chu <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 16:10:46 +0000
- In-reply-to: <CA+EOawE+WXJNkBzWh3XVxQShF0L6K+ekDUs4qHWJqtrvD=OHsw@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CA+EOawE+WXJNkBzWh3XVxQShF0L6K+ekDUs4qHWJqtrvD=OHsw@mail.gmail.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0 SeaMonkey/2.34a1
QW Support wrote:
I'm having trouble running the latest LMDB version on iOS 8.1.3
It seems to work with previous versions before SysV semaphores were used.
Now it crashes with SIGSYS on line:
semid = semget(IPC_PRIVATE, 2, mode);
Has anyone got this to work?
Sounds like iOS doesn't support SysV semaphores. That's unfortunate. I
was hoping we could forget about the POSIX semaphore code but apparently
we can't. I suggest you look back through the git history and revert the
commit that removed the POSIX semaphore code in your build.
LMDB on iOS is pretty limited already; iOS only supports 2GB of address
space even on the 64 bit builds. Apple's quite dishonest here,
advertising 64 bit support but not actually delivering any of the
advantages of it.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/