Re: LDAP ldapsearch filter: return uidNumber if person has sub ou=mail

Leander Schäfer wrote:
> the structure is everything else then complex

It is overly complex.

> The entire idea is, that each user can have several mail
> addresses.

I have such a setup with dovecot.

For each *mailbox* (not system user) I have a separate LDAP entry with its own
password and multiple aliases.

In my case I'm not using the uidNumber attribute because my dovecot
installation simply uses vmail:vmail for user/group ownership of the mailbox
files.

But of course you could also add the 'posixAccount' object class to your
mailbox entries.

Ciao, Michael.