Re: I am new to ldap and i dont know much about ldap simple authentication could you plz help me and give some suggestions......and below is the simple code which i tried and ther is also uid test 1&2 which i want to authenticate

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:32:18AM +0530, Bharath K wrote:

> Subject: I am new to ldap and i dont know much about ldap simple
>  authentication could you plz help me and give some suggestions......and
>  below is the simple code which i tried and ther is also uid test 1&2 which
>  i want to authenticate

It is best to put your question in the body of the message rather than all in the
subject line.

>         env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL,args[0]);
>         env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS,args[1]);

What values did you supply for these?
What happened?
What did you expect to happen?

> dn: uid=nagios,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
> userPassword::

> dn: uid=test1,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
> userPassword::
>
> dn: uid=test2,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
> userPassword::

All three accounts appear to have blank passwords. LDAP servers will
not normally allow authentication with a blank password. For testing,
you can easily add passwords like this:

userPassword: secret

Note the single ':' character. If you use '::' then the data is expected
to be in Base 64.

Andrew