resynchronizing partial replica after ACL change

Hi,

I'm running a couple of partial replicas, where the replicated content
is narrowed by provider ACLs.  All is fine.  Now, I need to extend the
replicas with a new attribute, so I extend the ACL to allow reading of
this attribute as well.  How can I get the replicas synchronize this new
attribute without downtime?  Is forcing a full reload by slapd -c rid=1
a good solution?  Does that incur the slapd restart downtime only, or
would the replica database be in a crippled state until the full resync
finishes?
--
Thanks,
Feri.