Re: back-sql deployment woes

Am Tue, 6 Jan 2015 22:39:18 +0200
schrieb Nikos Voutsinas <nvoutsin@gmail.com>:

> I am not sure if I should interpret this as "sql-backend is a second
> class citizen that shouldn't be used in production environments (i.e.
> think of virtual directories) because of its experimental stage" or
> take it as an overstatement been made on purpose mostly to discourage
> new users from considering an sql based engine for their main ldap
> database backend.
>
> I hadn't had the chance to use sql backend in production or test it
> as much as I would like, thus it would be interesting to hear from
> others in the list, their practical experience of sql backend in
> read-only or read-write deployments.

You may use back-sql as a read only subordinate database, but
performance is limited to the sql engine. Be aware that your
are on your own risk.
At some time i had a postgresql database with a few thousand objects
and a back-relay attached as subordinate database in read only mode.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://sys4.de