Re: back-sql deployment woes

--On Tuesday, January 06, 2015 10:39 PM +0200 Nikos Voutsinas <nvoutsin@gmail.com> wrote:

I am not sure if I should interpret this as "sql-backend is a second
class citizen that shouldn't be used in production environments (i.e.
think of virtual directories) because of its experimental stage" or take
it as an overstatement been made on purpose mostly to discourage new
users from considering an sql based engine for their main ldap database
backend.

As noted in the manual page, back-sql is entirely experimental. It has no dedicated maintainer, and has seen virtually no work in 2-3 years. You use it at your own extreme risk, and should not expect help if you hit issues with it.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.