DB_Config

I inherited an OpenLDAP server that is in production use and it suffers from a lack of knowledge and I am slowly trying to remedy that.

One of the things I noticed was that it complained at startup about the lack of a DB_Config and a caution about it being slow – which it definitely seems to be.

As this server is in production use, I am not allowed to do anything to impact it without thorough testing – which I think I have done.

Does anyone see any problems if I just drop the following DB_Config file in a data directory so the next time the server is restarted, it takes effect? (Yes, it’s a DBD configuration)

# cat DB_CONFIG

set_cachesize           0 10485760 1

set_lg_regionmax        1048576

set_lg_max              10485760

set_lg_bsize            2097152

set_lg_dir              /var/tmp/bdb-log

set_flags               DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

Seems safe and I do back it up regularly but if I drop the file in the data directory, I may not be watching when the server is patched/restarted.

Comments?

Thanks Craig