Re: openldap group issue on centos 5.5 - all users automatically get put into newly created group

Hi Michael,

Thank you for trying to help me with my problem. It's sincerely appreciated.

All the users were created with the default gid of 9999, which was the default "users" group. I have other groups on the system, and these other groups don't show up in the "groups <username>"
command.

I'm puzzled. I ran into something similar a long time ago because nscd cached old information,
so I disabled the service on the centos 5.5 box.

thanks.

- a confused linux monkey...  :-)

Janet Houser wrote:
However yesterday I added another group called "team0" with gid 22222 using
the following ldif
file:

dn: cn=team0,ou=systems,dc=ehs,dc=edu
cn: team0
gidNumber: 22222
objectClass: posixGroup

When I was logged into my client machine (Centos 5.5 box) and did a groups
on an old user, it showed "users", "dev" and now "team0" although I never
added that user to the new group.
What is the gidNumber value (primary group) of the old user entry?

Ciao, Michael.