Re: -DLDAP_CONNECTIONLESS

Michael Ströder wrote:
Howard Chu wrote:
As I noted at the beginning of this year,
http://symas.com/docs/2014FOSDEM-WhatsNewInOpenLDAP.pdf there has been a
renewed effort to build Samba4/AD compatibility inside OpenLDAP. This
LDAP_CONNECTIONLESS feature was originally written for PADL's XAD, an AD clone
built on top of OpenLDAP, and it is being reused for the same purpose (AD
compatibility) again now.

Noted. If it's ready to be packaged I will happily re-enable
-DLDAP_CONNECTIONLESS.

But for now: Unused code which isn't there does not break.

I basically agree with your decision. Just also note that disabling this breaks both server and client support for cldap://, and it is sometimes useful to be able to issue cldap:// search queries against M$AD/Samba4 servers.

--
  -- Howard Chu