Re: Antw: adding a custom attribute

Ulrich Windl wrote:
>>> I thought the LDAP _protocol_ uses OIDs everywhere, and names are just for
>>> human users...?
>>
>> Nope. One could regard this as design deficiency (in comparison to X.500).
>>
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4512#section-2.5
>
> I couldn't quite read it from there: The closest match I found was: "oid =
> descr / numericoid", but I was talking about the "on wire" protocol of LDAP.
> Are there really named objects and attributes?

You really ask to be spoon-fed.

Aren't you the one who claimed to write schema-aware LDAP client.
If yes, then you should really know RFC 4512 by heart.

Is it really so hard for you to find the line
 "Examples of valid attribute descriptions:"
in this particular section?

Ciao, Michael.

P.S.: You're one nonsense posting away from my killfile.