Re: Antw: need serious help on replication over ssl - getting do_syncrep1: rid 001 ldap_sasl_bind_s failed (-1)

<1417434525.8955.BPMail_high_carrier@web122503.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>:

> Hi, thanks again for offering further help.
>
> Is what you suggesting, c_rehash, equivalent to updating the certificate
> database, just like what  the
> update-ca-certificate script would do in debian- based distro? I  did not do
> this rehash thing.

c_rehash creates a symbolic link for each CA, like this:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Jul  7 08:43 /etc/ssl/certs/a7605362.0 -> Sonera_Class_2_Root_CA.pem

If no such link for your CA exists, openssl fails to find it (AFAIK).

> In the master, I am using an old set of certs which I suppose to be working.

Define "an old set of certs", please.

> In the slave, I put all the certs in the directory they were first
> gen.erated, as given in the conf file. Will rehash work properly with the
> certs in those paths (i.e. /etc/pki/CA/)?I

It seems you can give the directory as parameter:
windl@rksapv04:~/src/C> c_rehash /tmp
Doing /tmp

>  So what to do with the output of openssl x509 -noout -text -in
> <your_certificate>?
>
> I cannot try it now. I have tried sth similar a couple of hours ago that
> output the content of a cert in text. For the master, the issuer is an
> external orgaization which we bought the cert from. For the slave, the issuer
> is my orgaization since I generate it myself. I follow the guide in the link
> to paste the master ca cert after the orig slave ca cert. Does that strange
> instruction screw things up?I

Repeat the openssl verify commands until they work!