Antw: need serious help on replication over ssl - getting do_syncrep1: rid 001 ldap_sasl_bind_s failed (-1)

<674598213.1863113.1417424697693.JavaMail.yahoo@jws10083.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>:
> Hi, I would really be grateful if a nice guy would appear and save me with
> this one. Simple bind replication over ldaps port does not work. I don't have
> a clue. There are very few guides on setting  up replication over ldaps on
> the  web or on prints. I am following this one as I am using RH:

Verifying your SSL certificates:
Try this (preferrably as the same user that slapd uses):
# openssl verify -CApath /etc/ssl/certs /etc/ssl/servercerts/slapd.pem
/etc/ssl/servercerts/slapd.pem: OK

If (you are using openssl and) it works, your certificate should be OK; if not fix it and repeat the test.

[...]

I'd leave out the "tls_cert=" to switch to automatic cert selection; if that soesn't work, something is wrong with your setup; if it works, you can try to use a fixed certificate.

Then you could try a manual remote TLS (not SSL) connect (e.g. ldapsearch) to your master; if it doesn't work, fix the config and repeat the test. Try  to retrieve the whole database; if it works, you are quite close, I guess.

Turn on logging for "config" and "sync" at least. Try some modification on the master and watch what happens...

Regards,
Ulrich