Re: storing ldap passwords on HSM

lux-integ wrote:
> On Monday 08 December 2014 09:51:47 Dieter Klünter wrote:
>> RFC-4513 describes LDAP Authentication Methods. I don't know much about
>> HSM/smartcards, but if the provided key is a X.509 certificate, than it
>> would be simple
>
> yes I will consider x509 certificates placed within the smart-card

Then using smartcards is mostly a client issue with the client being able to
send SASL/EXTERNAL at least. On the server you probably want to define a
authz-regexp mapping (besides correctly configuring the trust anchor for the
client certs).

As said: If you use libldap you could use PKCS#11 provider module with
OpenSSL's pkcs11 engine of libnss.

If you're using other LDAP client APIs you have to dive into what they provide.

Ciao, Michael.