Re: storing ldap passwords on HSM

Am Mon, 8 Dec 2014 08:13:25 +0000
schrieb "lux-integ" <lux-integ@btconnect.com>:

> Greetings,
>
> I have been searching webpages for guidance on using a smartcard
> ( also know as an  HSM ) for storing passwords for an ldap database
> on a linux system.
>
> This would include for instance how would   the userPassword
> (attrribute) be specified  -  i.e.  how to specify  the
> userPassword    to read   the  PIN/SO- PIN/PUK{whatever} of the
> HSM/smart-card   etc etc  ??
>
> Any guidance would be much appreciated.

RFC-4513 describes LDAP Authentication Methods. I don't know much about
HSM/smartcards, but if the provided key is a X.509 certificate, than it
would be simple. RFC-4422 describes SASL, if your smatcard provider is
complying with this RFC, than it could be realised.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://sys4.de