Re: Obtaining the hashed password using ldapsearch, from aWwindows 2012 server.

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 12:04:14 -0500
Mark London <mrl@psfc.mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi =- We upgraded the OS of our Active Directory server to Windows 2012.
> On a linux computer running Redhat 5, we use a script to obtain an
> account's hashed password, using the ldapsearch command.  We request the
> msSFU30Password attribute.
>
> The script works fine for any account that was created before the new
> server was installed. For new accounts, no password is returned. Does
> anyone know how to make this possible again?
>
> One suggestion by someone, was to install the "Services for Unix
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Services_for_UNIX>" package,
> which is now deprecated (I can't find what replaces it!).   I installed
> it, but it didn't seem to help.   Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

This is really more of a Microsoft problem. You could ask a question at this
URL (I have had excellent success)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverDS

Or use any of the other links for starters.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780036%28v=ws.10%29.aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782713%28v=ws.10%29.aspx
https://support.microsoft.com/KB/315071?wa=wsignin1.0

--