Re: Obtaining the hashed password using ldapsearch, from aWwindows 2012 server.

On 12/1/2014 8:17 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
Mark London wrote:
Hi =- We upgraded the OS of our Active Directory server to Windows 2012.
On a linux computer running Redhat 5, we use a script to obtain an
account's hashed password, using the ldapsearch command.  We request the
msSFU30Password attribute.

The script works fine for any account that was created before the new
server was installed. For new accounts, no password is returned. Does
anyone know how to make this possible again?

One suggestion by someone, was to install the "Services for Unix
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Services_for_UNIX>" package,
which is now deprecated (I can't find what replaces it!).   I installed
it, but it didn't seem to help.   Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

Your question has absolutely nothing to do with OpenLDAP and has everything to do with Microsoft. Ask them.

When was the last time you got an answer from Microsoft about LDAP, which they could care less about?