Re: OpenLDAP incroyable!

On 30/11/2014 02:33, Arroyo, David wrote:
There are a number of really good clients to help with the issues
you’re having.  ldapvi[0] is a pretty simple client that lets you
edit ldap objects in vi and commit the differences. Apache Directory
Studio[1] is a more heavyweight, feature-complete client built on
top of eclipse.
Sorry to butt in, but the apache studio works with openldap too? I was under the impression it was just for ApacheDS. If it works with openldap I might give it a shot as it has been rather sticky with the other tools I've tried.

I really recommend you use one of these, it will make your life
easier, as you seem to be making a lot of basic mistakes. If you
get used to modifying your config in this way, you will learn to
appreciate being able to make config changes without restarting
slapd, and being able to replicate configuration between servers.

I found the olc config backend challenging when I first used it,
but now I would not go back to the config file-based format.

[0]: http://www.lichteblau.com/ldapvi/
[1]: http://directory.apache.org/studio/