Re: OpenLDAP incroyable!

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Marc Patermann
<hans.moser@ofd-z.niedersachsen.de> wrote:
> Onno,
>
> Onno van der Straaten schrieb (26.11.2014 12:13 Uhr):
>>
>> And....another one. Amazing. So hard to understand the OpenLDAP interface.
>> Might just as well have been in Chinese.
>>
>> $ ldapmodify -h zimbra.server.com <http://zimbra.server.com> -p 389 -D
>> "cn=config" -f olc_password_hash.ldif -W
>

>> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 9:10 AM, Onno van der Straaten
>> <onno.van.der.straaten@gmail.com <mailto:onno.van.der.straaten@gmail.com>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     Second corruption in one day. Trying to add module using ldif
>

>>     On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 6:43 AM, Onno van der Straaten
>>     <onno.van.der.straaten@gmail.com
>>     <mailto:onno.van.der.straaten@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>>         We just need a LDAP user directory. OpenLDAP is not it.
>
> And still you try. :)
>
> There have been two hints what you can do, if you cannot get along with
> ldapmodifying the online config.

      There is also a tool called ldapvi that has been useful to me before.

> - change the config offline with slapcat/slapadd
>   (If you fear to crash the server with modifying the online config you
>   should have a slapcat backup anyway ...)

      (Nightly) backups are always a good idea ;)
 And a few more if you are doing major changes.

> - change to static config.
>   (If it is a simple "LDAP user directory", it should be easy to
>   transfer to static.)

      Onno: if openldap is not your cup of tea, have you considered
freeipa instead? It comes with a web interface.