Re: multi master replication

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 02:01:44PM -0500, Guruprasad Kulkarni wrote:

> syncrepl rid=000
>   provider=ldap://ldap2.example.com
>   type=refreshAndPersist
>   retry="5 5 300 +"
>   searchbase="dc=example,dc=com"
>   attrs="*,+"
>   bindmethod=simple
>   binddn="cn=admin,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com"
>   credentials=secret

> My question is - Do the credentials have to be clear text passwords? If not,
> how do I mention encrypted passwords? (I tried within quotes ' ' and " ", but
> each time got invalid credentials error)

This clause configures the client side of the connection, so the
credentials must be a clear text password.

The other server will have an entry for cn=admin,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
in its database, and the password in that entry should be hashed.

Obviously you must protect the config file carefully using OS-level
file permissions.

Andrew