Re: can our redhat os be migrate into 64bit?

Am Mon, 24 Nov 2014 20:05:39 +0000
schrieb "Wang, Hui" <holly.wang@csun.edu>:

> Hi,
>
> Our openLDAP is in version 2.3.4, it currently installed on a redhat
> 32bit. Can this server be migrate into 64bits?  I can't find the os
> requirement for different version of openldap at this moment

In principle you could slapcat on your present 32bit system and slapadd
on a new 64bit system. Although the data output is ldif, there are some
changes of operational attributes and  attribute values as well as
strict schema checking between 2.3 and 2.4 that prevents from migrating
without any problems.
You should set up a test environment prior to migration.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://sys4.de