Re: make test failure due to libsasl2.so.3 not found

I have never played around with LDFLAGS and so was not sure how to set them (or put rpath in Makefile)

I reset LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib" and then it worked fine

-Guruprasad

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 1:51 AM, Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
>>> Guruprasad Kulkarni <gkulkarni@gridcosystems.com> schrieb am 18.11.2014 um
18:46 in Nachricht
<CAB6=W2vQ7Q_SkD5D6M=w8NqYw+cS6naPQO8by66wHduLYkcvHg@mail.gmail.com>:
> I am using ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
>
> I installed cyrus-sasl-2.1.26 (created symlink from /usr/lib/sasl2 to
> /usr/local/lib/sasl2)
>
> I used the following options for configuration:
> --enable-debug --enable-hdb --enable-ppolicy --enable-syncprov
> --with-cyrus-sasl
>
> Configuration, make depend and make were successful.
>
> I then proceeded to "make test" and I got the error:
> ../clients/tools/ldapsearch: error while loading shared libraries:
> libsasl2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> The file libsasl2.so.3 is present in /usr/local/lib
>
> I set LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib/sasl2"
>
> Do I need to set some other flags to make the tests work?

"man ld.so"? LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib?
ldd your_binary?