Re: pwdCheckModule not allowed on openldap 2.4.40 (ubuntu server 12.04)

Hi,

I installed openldap 2.4.40 on ubuntu 12.04LTS

I enabled ppolicy while configuring the installation.
./configure --enable-hdb --enable-ppolicy --enable-syncprov --with-tls

I want to specify a password check module (to check for minimum upper cases, lower cases, digits, etc).

I created a password policy very similar to the one given in the documentation:

dn: cn=default,ou=policies,dc=example,dc=com
cn: default
objectClass: pwdPolicy
objectClass: person
objectClass: top
pwdAllowUserChange: TRUE
pwdAttribute: userPassword
pwdCheckQuality:
​1
pwdCheckModule: check_password.so​
pwdExpireWarning: 600
pwdFailureCountInterval: 30
pwdGraceAuthNLimit:
​0​

pwdInHistory: 5
​3​
pwdLockout: TRUE
pwdLockoutDuration:
​60​
pwdMaxAge:
​1200​
pwdMaxFailure:
​3​
pwdMinAge: 0
pwdMinLength:
​8​
pwdMustChange: FALSE
pwdSafeModify: FALSE
sn: dummy value

​slapd.conf:

modulepath /usr/local/lib
moduleload check_password.so​

​While adding this password policy to ldap, I get the error:

​ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
             attribute info: attribute 'pwdCheckModule' not allowed

The log level is 256 and doesn't say much besides giving the same error.

Let me know where I have gone wrong.

Hi,

you need to add the objectClass pwdPolicyChecker to use the attribute pwdCheckModule.

Clément.