Re: adding VLV support to OpenLDAP 2.4.31

Igor,

Igor Shmukler schrieb (12.11.2014 11:36 Uhr):
I am guess making wild guesses...
Could it be that I need to adjust the below line:
dn: olcOverlay=sssvlv,olcDatabase={1}bdb,cn=config

Should I perhaps replace cn=config with dc=nodomain or something else?
No.

With slapd.d config instead of "old" slapd.conf, you now have (at least) two databases in slapd:
* you config database - which is always at cn=config - and
* your "data" database - which base that is under is totally up to you.

You can export the config with slapcat command, cn=config is propably the first database, so you use "-n 0".
(You should backup the other databases as well.)
You can change the exported config or post it here, if you have not before. This may tell you/us how to authorize to slapd with ldapadd to modify the config online. You could import the cn=config database back with slapadd offline, but you might have to delete the existing database first. ldapadd is a bit more difficult to use but safer.

(This may have been a lot easier to explain with slapd.conf, but the times are changing ...)

Marc