Re: adding VLV support to OpenLDAP 2.4.31

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 12:41:46PM +0200, Igor Shmukler wrote:

> I am also curious about another part of the olcDatabase parameter.
> How do I know whether to use bdb or hdb? I don't care either way of
> course. I just need my test server to work, so I could proceed with my
> main duty - programming.

For a test server it probably does not matter which database you use
unless you need to load large amounts of data, or do unusual things
like rename whole subtrees (bdb cannot do that).

For a production server using current OpenLDAP code, mdb is the first
choice. If you are forced to use older software then hdb may be safer.

Andrew