Re: export directory in LDIF format

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 07:42:44 -0800
Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

> --On November 10, 2014 at 7:00:58 AM -0500 Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
> wrote:
>
> > I have a strange problem exporting my directory into LDIF format. I am
> > using the "mdb" format with openldap.
> >
> > /usr/local/sbin/slapcat -l MyDomain.net.ldif -b "dc=MyDomain,dc=net"
>
> slapcat does not require slapd to be running to export a DB.  I would note
> your slapcat command is missing a -F option, which I would generally advise
> you provide.  You also do not state if cron is running as the same user as
> slapd, which would also be advised.
>
> Thousands of systems slapcat DB's each and every night out of cron, w/o
> issue, including my own.
>
> --Quanah

That is why I cannot figure out why I am have this problem, even if it is only
sporadic.

CRON sent me this message this morning: (I sanitized the actual name)

5461944c mdb_db_open: database "dc=MyDomain,dc=net" cannot be opened: No such file or directory (2). Restore from backup!
5461944c backend_startup_one (type=mdb, suffix="dc=MyDomain,dc=net"): bi_db_open failed! (2)
slap_startup failed

This is the actual code I am using in CRON:

nice /usr/local/sbin/slapcat -f /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf -b "dc=MyDomain,dc=net"  -l usr/home/gerard/LDAP_Backup/MyDomain.net.ldif

Originally, I had created a Bash script and had CRON call that script; however, when things were not working as planned, I thought that might be the problem. However, it does not appear to be so.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Remember, this only happens when there has been several hours of inactivity; otherwise it works fine.

--
Jerry