OpenLDAP Proxy for Active Directory Authentication (slapd.d)

Hello.

I need to integrate local OpenLDAP and remote Active directory DS wereas the result is expected to work like this:

User wants to authenticate à Client (Gerrit 2.9.1) connects to the local OpenLDAP server à The OpenLDAP server searches its local database for a relevant entry

·         Entry found à Inform the client

·         Entry not found à Delegate the request to the remote Active directory server

o   Entry found à Inform the OpenLDAP server à Inform the client

o   Entry not found à Inform the OpenLDAP server à Inform the client

I came across this article [1], but my server uses the slapd.d configuration schema and I can’t make it work as there’s too little helpful documentation to it.

I’ll be thankful for every help.

Jan

[1] http://ltb-project.org/wiki/documentation/general/sasl_delegation