Re: Antw: LMDB performance tip

>>> Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> schrieb am 07.11.2014 um 11:16 in Nachricht
<545C9BFF.9090004@symas.com>:
>> <545B7AC9.3060207@symas.com>:
>>> Just recently measured: when doing a bulk-load of a DB that's larger than
>>> RAM,
>>> it's faster to turn off WRITEMAP and just use regular writes.
>>
>> Doesn't that depend on the ratio of change compared to the size of RAM or
> DB?
>
> Read and think before you post. You have no idea WTH you're talking about,
> but
> you could easily have read the code or docs or papers before posting and
> actually known something.

I cannot follow your reasoning why you think that I don't think, and what convinced you that I have no idea what I'm taking about.

Wasn't it you who made some vague performance statement/recommendation without presenting any numbers or details on the tests one might assume you have made before writing?

I also don't see why I should read your code just because you made some statements I cannot follow.

Finally, I (and probably others as well) would prefer not seeing this type of reply, because it doesn't help anybody, ... (the rest censored by myself)...