Antw: Re: Meaning of "ppolicy_bind: Setting warning for password expiry for ... = 0 seconds"?

Nachricht <545B2E53.7070404@stroeder.com>:
> Which OpenLDAP version?
>
> You can search for the message in source file
> servers/slapd/overlays/ppolicy.c
>
> Reading the comment setting warn = 0 should not happen.
>
> Does uid=testuser,ou=domain,dc=org really have a correct 'pwdChanged'
> attribute value?

Hi!

You are on the right track: None of our users has a 'pwdChanged' attribute!
Which is also not surprising, because I could not find that attribute in the
objectclasses being used:
objectClass: top
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: shadowAccount

However I see these attributes being modified since ppolicy is active:
pwdChangedTime
pwdFailureTime
pwdGraceUseTime
pwdHistory

Could it be you meant "pwdChangedTime" instead? If so, could the problem be
that that attribute is created only after ppolicy is active _and_ the user
actually changed the password?

If so, an heuristic would be to assume the password is not older than
createTimestamp if pwdChangedTime is missing.

Regards,
Ulrich