Re: Trying to switch from bdb to mdb

Jerry wrote:
On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 13:59:02 +0000
Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Actually irrelevant. The .la suffix is totally optional and would have no
impact on whether the load would succeed or not. In any case Jerry never
actually tried "moduleload back_mdb", despite being told to check his
module load statements, on 3 separate occasions, including the very first
reply to his question.

Actually, I did try it. I even rebooted the system to see if that made any
difference.

Please, if you don't know what you are talking about, shut the hell up.

Having written the code, I know quite well what I'm talking about. If only you would do the same...

Meanwhile, nowhere in any of your posts did you ever mention trying that.

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201411/msg00003.html

All you said was you changed the "database bdb" to "database mdb" which obviously didn't work since you hadn't loaded the back_mdb module yet.

Now, if you want to say that what you reported in your posts is not what you actually attempted, that's obvious by now. But also not helpful to the people trying to help you, who need to know exactly what was done, to figure out what went wrong.

In the meantime - I've loaded a FreeBSD system here and repeated the exercise, and "moduleload back_mdb" works perfectly well.

--
  -- Howard Chu