Re: Trying to switch from bdb to mdb

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net> wrote:

> Now Howard Chu, who obviously was born a frigging genius

Yes, you got that part right.  And he's molding kellabyte in his own image.

> that while I spend two days reading every frigging thing I could get my hands
> on, the one thing I never ran across was an actual working config for
> openldap utilizing "mdb".

Nicely stated: "A useful addition to the documentation would be a
working config."

> Now that I know what I was suppose to be looking
> for, I found a reference to it
> <http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/backends.html> 11. Backends. The problem
> is since I did not have any backends that had the ".la" extension, it did not
> occur to me that I needed to use it.

Nicely stated: "A lot more description about what .la does when it's
specified in the openldap config as an extension of the module being
loaded would go a long way.  And an explanation of why it can be
removed after being run once with it present."  I'm not sure if "it"
refers to "the entire line can be dropped" (seems unlikely) or to "the
.la extension can be dropped."

...Todd