Re: Trying to switch from bdb to mdb

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> Hi Jerry,
>
> As someone who works on the documentation for OpenLDAP, I would like to
> understand this answer better.

You're wasting your time with this one.

--On November 2, 2014 at 8:43:00 AM -0500 Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net> wrote:

Are you also new to BSD and manpages? You've been told, multiple times,
what to do. Read the docs.

I have read the "docs", "man pages" and searched on-line. I even copied
configuration files from the web and tried them, all without success.

The one thing Jerry did *not* say he did, and which he clearly did *not* do, was actually read his own config file and try to understand what was in it.

Copying random files off the web willy-nilly to solve an issue is like trying to fix an automobile by randomly throwing screwdrivers and hammers at it.

--
  -- Howard Chu