Re: Need information on alock file in data directory of OpenLDAP 2.4.39

Am Thu, 30 Oct 2014 22:49:45 +0100
schrieb pramod kulkarni <pammu.kulkarni@gmail.com>:

> If I specify slapcat  -f slapd.conf -b "dc=example,dc=com" -l
> backup.ldif Then no messages will be displayed in the command window
> and it will be in the same state.
>
> I see somewhere code hangs in the alock.c file I think the slapcat
> process not able to grab the lock,is it correct? or something
> different.
[...]

Who should be the owner of the directory? Did you start slapd as root?
It seems, that the initial alock file has been created by root but the
process is ownded by a different user, probably ldap or openldap.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://sys4.de