Redhat LDAP Client Issues when disabling SSLv3

I am running into issues on RHEL 6.x servers (mix of 6.5 and now 6.6) when attempting to disable SSLv3.  I have compiled the servers with the --with-tls=openssl option and communication appears to be working well between servers to matter what I have for SSL Protocol.  My problems are with the clients.

For client configuration I install the openldap-clients package via yum install.  Everything works as expected with this setting on the server side:

olcTLSCipherSuite: HIGH:+TLSv1.2:-TLSv1.1:-TLSv1.0:+SSLv3:-SSLv2

as soon as I modify the +SSLv3 to -SSLv3 to this:

olcTLSCipherSuite: HIGH:+TLSv1.2:-TLSv1.1:-TLSv1.0:-SSLv3:-SSLv2

the client no longer works.  I have tried just about everything I can think of.  I can get ldapsearch to work properly when I compile the openldap source on the client but sssd / authentication on the Red Hat side still fails.  Here is the error message I am getting:

54481b75 slap_listener_activate(8):
54481b75 >>> slap_listener(ldaps://blah)
54481b75 connection_get(38): got connid=1009
54481b75 connection_read(38): checking for input on id=1009
TLS trace: SSL_accept:before/accept initialization
TLS trace: SSL3 alert write:fatal:handshake failure
TLS trace: SSL_accept:error in SSLv3 read client hello C
TLS trace: SSL_accept:error in SSLv3 read client hello C
TLS: can't accept: error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no shared cipher.
54481b75 connection_read(38): TLS accept failure error=-1 id=1009, closing
54481b75 connection_close: conn=1009 sd=38

I am assuming this has something to do with RHEL clients linking to MozNSS libraries instead of openssl but can not be sure of that.  Again, to be clear - I do not change anything but the olcTLSCipherSuite entry so I do not believe it is a certificate issue.

Is there a solution to LDAP auth for RHEL clients with only allowind TLSv1.2?  I will gladly compile from source or use the LTB Project rpms.

Thanks in advance,

--
Peter Boguszewski
Manager of Library Systems