Re: Synchronizing two mirror mode clusters

Sorry, but currently I strongly not recommended multi-master.
We have a big troubles in the same case, but most high load.

I am currently working on the two major issues:
- syncrepl seems unreliable, survives no more than 3-5 min under a
stress test (ITS#7968).
- fix of ITS#7904 does not affect syncrepl, thereby MDB_MAP_FULL may
occur in case of LMDB backed (no ITS now).

But another couple seem be forever:
- replication is significantly slowdown if are more than 3 nodes.
- replication may never be completed until all ldap-write activities
are stopped.

More over, just RTFM http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/guide.html
18.2.2.3. Arguments against Multi-Master replication
- If connectivity with a provider is lost because of a network
partition, then "automatic failover" can just compound the problem.
- Typically, a particular machine cannot distinguish between losing
contact with a peer because that peer crashed, or because the network
link has failed.
- If a network is partitioned and multiple clients start writing to
each of the "masters" then reconciliation will be a pain; it may be
best to simply deny writes to the clients that are partitioned from
the single provider.

Leonid.